Do you have a passion for helping to navigate patients through health and wellness journeys? Does the concept of functional & integrative medicine intrigue you? Would you like to join a team that is changing the face of women’s healthcare? If so, then we need to talk.
Our client has a thriving Women’s Health and Wellness Practice in Troy, Michigan. Our client has a thriving Women’s Health and Wellness Practice in Troy, Michigan. They specialize in providing comprehensive healthcare services tailored to women’s needs. This practice aims to promote overall well-being, offer education on women’s health, and provide necessary treatments and follow-up care.
For our client we’re seeking an energetic, dedicated, and patient-centric Patient Care Coordinator to support their team in a unique and innovative Women’s Health and Wellness practice in Troy, Michigan. This is a rare opportunity to learn new approaches, stand out, and contribute to an established and growing healthcare practice.
Patient Care Coordinators are the vital air traffic controllers of the practice, ensuring the efficient coordination of administrative tasks and patient navigation. You’ll be the all-important point person for new and existing patients as you help assess, plan, and advocate for the patients’ health needs throughout their relationships within the center.
As a trained health professional, you’ll monitor and coordinate patients’ treatment plans, guide them to understand the status of their health, and check in on their progress. Compassionate, knowledgeable, and collaborative, the patient care coordinator also works with other members of the care team to look after patients within the center.
Competitive compensation, great benefits, stellar team, no-drama culture, high-growth center with the opportunity to stand out and make a huge difference.
- Administrative Tasks:
- Schedule and coordinate appointments for breast surgery consultations and post-mastectomy follow-ups.
- Arrange diagnostic tests, imaging, and preoperative screenings.
- Coordinate with other healthcare providers involved in patient care.
- Document patient preferences, purchases, and responses to therapies and supplements in the patient records.
- Coordinate with team members on when to place orders for supplements as needed.
- Manage the inventory of recommended supplements within the clinic.
- Ensure accurate records of supplement inventory, sales, and restocking.
- Ensure availability of therapy spaces and necessary equipment for sessions.
- Maintain a system for following-up with patients who have completed cancer treatments, two years after their last treatment.
- Patient Navigation:
- Guide patients through the scheduling process for surgery and postoperative care.
- Schedule therapy sessions such as coaching, IV Vitamin therapy, supplemental and nutritional counseling.
- Provide information on preoperative instructions and postoperative expectations.
- Serve as a point of contact for patients, addressing questions and concerns.
- Follow-up with patients consistently to ensure all their health and wellness needs are being met and educate them on any new offerings and promotions.
- Expedite the resolution of any patient problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction.
- Record Keeping:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date patient records, including surgical histories and treatment plans.
- Ensure that necessary paperwork and documentation are completed.
- Through professional communication, establish and foster positive relationships with patients and team members.
- Communicate and coordinate with all team members clinical and non-clinical to ensure smooth patient flow and ensure care plans.
- Update patients on any changes to their schedule or care plan.
- Collaborate with the practitioners to organize community outreach programs to educate the benefits of holistic medicine and integrative oncology.
- In coordination with clinical and non-clinical team members develop and distribute informational materials, brochures, or handouts that explain holistic principles and the specific services offered within the clinic.
- Sales Support:
- Coordinates sales efforts with team members and other departments.
- Assist in organizing and promoting educational events on therapy and supplement offerings.
- Handle inquiries from patients regarding the availability and benefits of recommended supplements.
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule.
- Track sales and status reports.
- 1+ year in health care, operations, sales, or membership experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with a strong ability to manage priorities.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office & Google Suite.
- Basic understanding of Functional / Integrative Medicine, Health Coaching and Women’s Health.
- Ability to apply appropriate judgment to fast-changing situations.
- Strong client service skills – professional but friendly demeanor.
- Strong attention to detail with knack for organization, clarity and punctuality.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and confidentiality.
- A sense of ownership of assigned tasks, and always look for the best solution.
- Ability to work well in a team and independently.
- Experience using an electronic medical record system and a CRM is a plus, but not required.
- Experience in women’s health is a plus, but not required.
- Target base salary: $34,000 – $56,000 annually, depending on experience
- Paid Time Off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Healthcare, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan